Given below are a collection of recipes created by the chefs/faculty at The Nutrition and Nutraceutical Research Centre (NNRC), Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) during the workshop that was conducted as a run up event for the upcoming Organics Millets International Trade Fair 2018 (OMITF2019) scheduled for Jan 18th-20th, 2019, at the Bangalore Palace grounds
The workshop details can be found here.
Millet Muffins and Brownies
Chocolate nut muffins –
|Foxtail millet flour||50g|
|Vanilla essence||2-3 drops|
- Cream butter with castor sugar.
- Add two eggs to the creamed butter.
- Mix cream and add it to the creamed butter mixture.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and add mix in the nuts
- Mix the mixture will and add the chocolate chip
- Fill paper cups in a muffin tray with the mixture
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
Chocolate Orange Brownies –
|Soft brown sugar||185g|
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Grease and line a 20cm/8in square brownie tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl placed over simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir to combine and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, sugar and blend until smooth.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and blend until smooth.
- Sieve cocoa powder and flour
- Mix together chocolate mixture with the egg mixture
- Fold in the cocoa powder and flour; add orange rind mix all together to combine
- Pour into the prepared brownie tin, bake for 25-30 minutes until set, but still a bit squidgy. Allow to cool completely in the tin before cutting.